I've made it through a whole month of VeganMoFo. I made posts almost every day, and when I didn't I did double posts to make up for the missed one. I've looked back over the blog and thought about the month and these are some of the conclusions I've drawn.
1. There is a shocking lack of green in this blog. Granted, I eat meals that aren't on the blog, but I would have estimated that I ate a lot more green than I did for the last month. I'll need to remedy that for health reasons as well as for more photogenic meals.
2. I like pretty food. It's important for food to taste good, but it's also important that it look good. I'm not as good as that as I wish I were, but I'm working on it.
3. I'm more creative when I'm blogging. I have a lot fewer repeats. I cook when I wouldn't otherwise just so you have something to look at.
4. In an effort to be more creative, I've skipped some of the obvious. Big salads, fresh fruit, etc. I miss the obvious.
5. Just because it's vegan and fits within all of my limitations, doesn't mean it's healthy. As with any other way of eating, a pure vegetarian diet does not guarantee weightloss. My choices are still the most important thing. This was especially obvious to me tonight as I was pushing frozen vegetables out of the way to find that leftover piece of cake. Treats are great, but they should be treats - not dinner.
So what I've decided to do is this - I plan on continuing my blog, but probably not every day. After all, how many times do you want to hear that I ate a spinach salad and an apple?